Thursday, March 4, 2010

#44 Describe an insect

I sit on my porch, and look out over yonder. my neighbors hair, it keeps getting blonder. I look towards the ground, and watch a hunting hound. I see an insect. allow me to describe it to you using imagery and scenery.

In the morning there was a mist hanging over the land. I was on my porch looking yonder over the landscape when my eyes happened to look upon an insect basking in the sun. There was a glare glinting off of the insects body. i noticed it had a large amount of legs. More legs than I have myself to walk upon. If you didn't ge the hint... I have two legs, therefore it has more than two. I guess that is an obvious comment that people should know because I'm a human so naturally I have two legs. Also, insects usuallu have more than two legs to walk on, but I'm starting to ramble so I'm gonna get back on track.

This insect could do more than just walk as its form of transportation, it could also hop!!! Watching it in its natural habitat was truly a magical experience. I was going to save this until the end as a surprise but i don't want to sound like an idiot (although there is virtually no way for me to do this) but I'm describing a grasshopper. Anyway, it was magical watching it hop around in the dewey grass searching for food and nutrition. I am truly blessed that I was able to witness this remarkable event. I now know how the people felt when they built the Panama Canal, or when Harry Houdini performed his remarkable escape tricks.

My only regret is that i had to witness the next event, which was truly horrible. The happy hopping grasshopper was happily hopping through the dewey grass when all of a sudden, a pidgeon flew down and ate it alive!! oh no!!! I yelled, as i witnessed the equivalent of a murder in the animal kingdom. i was heartbroken and had no idea what to do. Good news, I found a new happy hopping grasshopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment