Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Journal # 32, war reporting

If I was a reporter reporting on a war and was in the trenches on the front lines I would most likely report to the best of my ability. I would be respectable to the troops. It seems like most news reporters never insult the troops directly but will still bash them when they get the chance. They even make it look like our soldiers are evil, and the enemy as good.

I would interview many of the troops to get the general mood of the soldiers. I would even allow them to tell their stories oe why they signed up to join the army. Then, I would follow them into combat and show the true side of the war i was reporting on. Yes, it would be brutal and most likely not appropriate for all audiences. It would show both sides of the war and get down to the very core of why the troops are fighting.

The majority of my filming would rotating between combat and interviewing the troops. Unlike major broadcasting networks such as cnn, I would not bias my information in order to go with popular support. I would make it as realistic as possible.

Being in the trenches would not be an easy thing for me to do because i am in the same danger as the troops. I would have to be as brave as possible, especially if I wanted to accomplish my work.
However, i am not trained for war like the troops would be and I would not be issued a weapon to defend myself with. Carrying around the camera and equipment with my crew would be an extra burden in a high tension zone where combat could begin any moment.

If combat was to begin I would not be able to hide from it. i would need to be brave and keep a cool head. Filming and reporting on the events taking place would be top priority. Hopefully my side would win but if not I would need to be ready for the worst. Showing fear would not be a good thing to do for morale. Without a weapon I would need to keep a level head and do what needs tobe done to accomplish my task and stay alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment