Friday, January 15, 2010

Journal #31 Persuading someone to do what I want

Whenever I need to have something done, but don't want to do it myself, I just lay on the the Jace Vaninger charm and whatever I need gets accomplished. You know, its really simple to persuade people. I like to lay on the personal, emotional, and logical appeal to my audience. This concept was invented by Aristotle (Maybe it was Socrates???), and then magnificently re-taught to students by Mr. Langley.

One time I was hungry so I yelled for my mom and told her to make me some. She did, and it was tasty. I didn't want to get up because I was watching TV and the sun was shining just right on the couch so I was about to take a nap.

Every week I make my little brother bring the trash cans and recycle bins down. Not to sound lazy but this is simply because i don't want to do it. I have enough responsibility while he has none, so whenever i can i place it on other people.


This event has happened recently to me. It was today, Friday january 15, 2010. I sit by all girls and usually when the estrogen levels get to high I get tired of listening to their strange stories i move over by my friend Matthew. Well, Mr. Langley was not here today and the antagonist of this scary event was naturally taking advantage of the lack of authority present in the room. Bless our sub's heart, she tried her bets, she just wasn't prepared for what was happening.

It was now my time to move away from the rowdy females (mostly buchman). However, Hallie (the antagonist) took this moment to strike. She took the seat next to matthew and cut me off. She then began to violate Matthew with verbal attacks and quizzical glances. I was not about to back down because I had no where else to go, I could not go back, because Buchman was still there, and things were getting out of control. I was especially not going to back down to a woman. I decided to stand my ground, and approached with my skills in talking to a hostile audience. I came in peace and tried to work it out, but she would not have anything to do with being nice.

She hit me several times with sharp weapons that she had concealed in her over sized purse, which was clearly a violation of the purse standard. Fortunately, I am a ninja and was able to fight her off. rendering her attacks useless. When the combat was through, I initiated the three keys to a successful speech. I appealed to her emotions and and what little intelligence she had. This was ineffective so my last resort was the personal appeal, I like to call this, the Jace Vaninger charm. I'm not sure how but this wasn't 100% effective. It was only 99% effective.

I did not give up, I knew what Mr. Langley had taught me, to never back down, to never quit, and to trust in my heart. It worked! She left! But she was pissed off! Ill probably be hearing about this for a long time... not to mention the car ride home... I then took my seat and Matthew and i wrote this blogg side by side, makeing them synonymous with each other.

As I sit here wondering what Hallie will do to get revenge, I cannot but smile at how Mr. Langley will be proud of me for upholding the law in his class. I am sure that he will award with some kind of medal and a promising amount of extra credit. This blog was based on true events, which may have been tweaked a bit...

3 comments:

  1. Oh revenge is coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jace, Hallie requested that I read what was written about her in this blog, saying it was rediculous, but this all sounds like Hallie and in my opinion was a very well written account of the event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well thank you very much. i appreciate the expertise and knowledge of a well educated professional.

    ReplyDelete