Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Journal #28 Christmas Break

I enjoyed my Christmas Break more than I thought i would. It was perfect because i did not have much home work to do. mr. Scropos gave us alot of work but since it was only in one class it was ok. I blew it off to the last 3 or 4 days and then decided i should work... i did not finish but thats ok, I'll get to it eventually. The good news is i read "he Jungle' by Upton Sinclair in 4 days. i consider that an accomplishment because it took forever and it was 422 pages of depressing descriptions of a Lithuanian family of immigrants. I now have to type a five to seven page paper on it and the good news is i have over three pages done. I also read all of Chapter fifteen in our history book, which was on the Civil War. I got most of the packet for chapter fifteen done so I'm not too far behind. However, I could have capitalized on my two week break. Oh well.

I slept alot over my Christmas break. it felt wonderful to not have to get up at six thirty in the morning to go to school. Nobody likes to do that... especially not me. So, instead, I went to bed at two every morning and woke up around noon. My car also broke down on me one day while I was driving home. I was just returning from running a few errands and was on the home stretch of my journey. I had just passed the intersection of old bradfordton road and Old jacksonville road traveling down old jack. My steering locked up and since it was snowy and icy I felt for a moment that I was going to die. Well, I almost did die but was able to force the wheel to a hard left. Luckily for me there were no cars in the other lane, but there was a big semi driving behind me probably wondering what I was planning. I didn't have many options so I kinda just forced the wheel straight again and accelerated a tad bit to get me near frey subdivision which acted as my safe haven for the time being. Fortunately for me I am not dead... and now my car is fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment