Thursday, September 10, 2009

Journal #4 How I Categorize People

In one way or another, everybody categorizes people into groups. I am no different from everyone else because I do this as well. I like to think that I'm not usually a judgmental person but i know that alot of the time i can be. I generally classify people into groups that I like and don't like.

For instance, if i think somebody is mean and i don't like them then I will put them in the "dis-like" group. If I like people I am generally more friendly to them and put them in the "like" group. When I do not like a person I usually try to not openly show it. However, I will try my best to avoid them or i will give them short answers. Sometimes I like to be tricky about it and I will be openly friendly to them and laugh on the inside because they have no idea how much I truly despise them.

It takes alot for me to really dis-like someone to the point that I cannot forgive them and move on. I generally try to get along with everyone and for the most part I am successful with this. I think its better to get along with people rather than argue with everyone. This is also basic common sense but some people don't like to get with others. I am much happier being able to talk to people and get along with them as compared to always starting arguments and trying to always prove i am right.

So, basically, I categorize people into two groups. There are the people I like and the people i dis-like. I'll be honest there are other categories too, but if anyone should happen to read this blog and see something that offends them it would not end well for me. Also, if there is someone who is in one of the groups I don't like then they would be unhappy and a conflict would ensue. Therfore, I think it is best if we leave it at people i like and dis-like.

3 comments:

  1. So when you're mean to me you're really being nice? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jace,
    I love you for this post.
    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting approach to avoiding unnecessary conflict

    ReplyDelete