Monday, February 22, 2010

Journal # 40 Decide process

When I need to make an important decision I have only one process that I know will help me make the most effective decision. This process is used by many famous people including Jesus and bill Gates. It is known as The Decide Process. DECIDE is an acronym. Allow me to explain.

D-Define the problem. This is an important stage because a clear solution cannot be drawn if the problem is not identified. Here is where the problem must be analyzed and it must be known what the problem is.

E- Explore Alternatives. What other solutions are there that can be used? that is why this stage is important, you must find out all possible routes to be taken.

C-Consider the Consequences. You will be accountable for te actions you take so you had better accepot the consequences.

I- This stands for "I forgot the next three letters so see Matthew Tomaw's blog if you want them...

D- im pretty sure this one doesn't mater either...

E-not imprtant.

This glorious process was taught to me by Professor Tadla during my freshmen health class. He taught it with the passion of a thunderstorm and with the dedication of a first chair violinist. He was like a magician touching each and every one of our hearts with a little bit of magic every day.

Here is an example of how effective this process really is.

You open the fridge because you want ice cream. However, you instantly hit a dilemma. there is chocolate and Vanilla... What do you do? most people would panic but i didn't because I'm not afraid to be a hero. I went with a bold strategy and chose vanilla. I came to my conclusion by using the decide process. My problem was that I didn't know which flavor to choose.
This is not as much of a life or death situation but it is a simple example to show you how effective this process really is. It is important to analyze the consequences of the decisions you make so that you are prepared for the effects they will have.





No comments:

Post a Comment