Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Reading Enjoyment Journal # 15

Thre are many different genres of literature out on the market for people to choose from. Personally, I like to read about mysteries. The mystery novel can be in any form from normal Sherlock Holmes where the detective is trying to solve the case or a mystery on a much larger scale with a wide variety of characters. One author who's writings I have enjoyed for a number of years is Clive Cussler.

I enjoy Cussler's writing because all of them have myseteries that need to be solved. They also have adventure and an exciting cast of characters consiting of a wide variety. I enjoy these stories because of the fast paced motion they have, even though I never fully understand what is going on in them, I don't mined because i enjoy the story.

I also like to read books about historiacal figures or events. When I graduate highschool I want to go into Political Science and either become a lawyer or a history teacher. Im pretty sure that even if I cahnge my mind on those two career options i will still have a career involving history. I would not say that I enjoy reading historical books because they are exciting but more so because I enjoy picking up interesting facts about them. Plus, if I am reading the book about it it is because i am interested in learning more about it so I enjoy gaining a better understanding of the person or event.

Overall, I would say that I enjoy reading and find it enjoyable. however, I never feel motivated to read for school because I don't like the books. Many people complain about school reading mostly on the grounds that they don't like to read. I enjoy the reading once I finish it when it is school reading but at the time i am not a fan because i do not like being forced to read. An example of this is when we read Great Expectations during freshmen year. i absoulutely hated it (and still do) but a few weeks after we finished it i was able to reflect a bit and enjoy the story for what it was (which is still not good).

No comments:

Post a Comment