Thursday, October 8, 2009

Journal #13 Declaration of freedom

I beleive that freedom is very important to have. Life would not be nearly as good for me if i did not have this important thing. In the United States, we have what is called a Democracy, meaning that the people elect the officials and president. We do not have a perfect Democracy, but that would be imposible because when people run things nobody agrees 100% of the time. However, the difference in opinion allows for debates and arguments about the situation. This allows us to view the character of who we might possibly vote for in future elections. It shows us who is capaple of leading and who is not.


Freedom is not being allowed to do whatever you want whenever you want. So, if anyone every tells you they can do whatever they want because it is a free country, they are wrong. Freedom is having liberties like the right to vote, elect governing officials, and living as unregulated as you can. By unregulated I mean, the government might tax you and impose rules on you, but they do not totally control your life.

I enjoy living in the United States because in general, we have more freedoms than a lot of other laces in the world. I hear many people say that they would rather live in a foreign country but I think that is kind of dumb because i am perfectly happy here. If I can't find what I want in America, why would I be able to find it somewhere else? We have basically everything we could want here and most of us don't have to do anything to get it.

Im happy that I was born with the right to vote and all I really have to do is go to school and get an education. I don't have to go to war right now like many kids that are my age do in other parts of the world. I get to enjoy being a teenager and look forward to a productive life.

No comments:

Post a Comment