Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Journal #18 My Biggest Fear

I have many fears, but that is normal because everyone has at least one fear. I can be considered a brave person, but i am humble so I realize that I am not invincible. I absolutely hate spiders and snakes. They are the worst and most useless creatures on the planet (not really) and all they do is scare people. Whenever I see a snake i run away, which I realize is an unmanly thing to do, but im not going to pick a fight with it. Sometimes when I cut the grass, I see a snake slithering towards me, instead of running, I run it over and kill it.

If I see a spider that is big, I just have my dad kill it. I basically hate these because they are big and everywhere. Its a little ridiculous. There a huge spiders near my house by the woods because I live near woods. They are pretty big sometimes and that makes me angry because whenever I see them I vacate the general area.

Im also afraid of heights. This is not as bad as my other fears because I can handle it better. If I am up on a roof i am fine, but if I am up in an airplane it takes me awhile to get used to my altitude. It just varies depending on the situation.

My fear are very common fears among Americans. America's number one fear is death. I would not say that I fear death. Im not comfortable with it but i know that Im going to die eventually. This opinion will probably change with time but I know that I have all my life to impact planet Earth, and i intend to do that.

I understand how people can fear death but I don't see a reason to it. If everything goes well my classmates and I will have long lives ahead of us. We should worry about death after we get closer to it, not now when we still have so much life left.

No comments:

Post a Comment