Monday, November 30, 2009

#26 Thanksgiving Memoir

The Thanksgiving holidays were very special this year. There was a lot of food for me to eat. I went with my family to my aunt's house where we were going to have our thanksgiving dinner. My brothers had previously arrived from where they currently have established their residence. My oldest brother, Richard Vaninger II lives in Atlanta, Georgia and works as a biomedical engineer for McKesson. This is no problem, he has no friends and nobody will ever love him. My other older brother, the one in between me and rick is named sam. He is a junior at Illinois State University.

I arrived at my aunt's house half an hour early because my parents had lied about the time to see if anyone would fall for it... I did fall for it. Anyway, the meal was elaborate. There was a wide variety of foods with which I could endulge my taste buds with. Upon gazing at the elaborate display of chefmanship placed in front of me (the food) i knew I would not be walking away hungry that night. I ate a large amount of food, too much actually, because afterwords I had to lie down on the couch and take a nap. The nap was a precaution, I had to be ready for desert. I would prove to be very weak indeed if I did not participate in the desert course of the meal. I was a little disappointed with this course I won't lie. It was a pumpkin pie, and some wild berry pie. Im not a fan of pumpkin pie, or wild berry pie... Im a more apple or blue berry pie kinda man. That's when it hit me, I realized that sometimes in life, you get thrown a fastball or a curveball, you either shoot first in the duel or second, and in my case, sometimes you get an apple pie, and sometimes you get a wild berry pie... I decided to make the most of my desperate situation and eat the wild berry pie. At least the berries were ripe. i could have eaten poisionous berries and died from some horrible and unimaginably un-curable disease.

10 comments:

  1. I like your descriptions of the meal! Good job on the memoir

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure where you were going with all that about pie, but then you brought it all together...you showed that you can learn a lesson from just about anything! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, thats all i have to say about that...nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not like pumpkin pie either; but it is funny that you fell for being there early

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. I think it's untrue that Richard Vaninger II has no friends. I believe I remember him having a multitude of friends. This memoir is lies and slander.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I don't know what's going on in your mind, but I like it. Way to learn a lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done it again Mr. Vaninger!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jace, this blog is why I made a fan club for you! You have once again taken the average and made it extremely entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot believe this! This is actually a very funny story and it is something that I can see you writing. haha!

    ReplyDelete